The Subject – Glenfiddich 15 – ABV 40%
- Color: Pale Amber
- Aroma Neat: Honey and apples, oaky. There are many more aromas but I am having trouble selecting individual scents. All I know is that it smells great.
- Aroma Water: Very similar to neat, but the sweetness seems to come through much more.
- Taste Neat: Sweet honey flavor, very crisp and mellow. Somewhat hot on the tongue, as whiskey usually is, but not bad at all.
- Taste Water: Sweet and much more mellow than neat. Getting fruity flavor coming through. Tastes a little like fresh pears.
- Finish: Can’t really tell. Being my first review, I’m having trouble picking some things up. Definitely getting caramel though.
This is my first review. I am throughly enjoying this dram, but I cannot pick up particular flavors. This is only my third ever scotch, the other two being Johnnie Walker Black and Chivas Regal. I enjoyed this much more than either of the previous two. My rating below is pretty arbitrary, considering I don’t have much to compare to.